Following our massive 10th anniversary celebration in 2018, we are returning this year with a bang! We bring you our most legendary line up yet, celebrating music icons of the 80s and beyond.
Along with trusted favourites like Belinda Carlisle, Midge Ure, Big Country and the Dire Straits Experience returning to Scone Palace in July, we’re excited to bring a batch of brand new headliners to the mix! Here’s your cheat sheet to our two new headliners at Rewind Scotland…
Top 5 fast facts about our headliners!
- Ferry first found fame with Roxy Music in 1970, but then embarked on a successful solo career in 1984 when Roxy Music disbanded
- He has sold over 30 million albums worldwide (as a solo artist and as part of Roxy Music), including three #1 albums: Avalon, Flesh and Blood, and Stranded
- In July 1985, Bryan was a part of the famous Live Aid show, accompanied by Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour
- Ferry was made a CBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours in 2011, for his contribution to the British music industry
- Known for his distinctive style, in 2005, GQ presented Ferry with an award, deeming him “pop’s original art-school bobby-dazzler”. Catchy!
- With 10 multi-platinum albums and 16 Top 30 hits to their name, Foreigner are undoubtedly one of the most popular rock acts in the world
- They are also one of the world’s best selling artists, with over 80 million records sold
- Founding member, Mick Jones, has been inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame
- The band are so called because half of the members were from England and half were from the US, so no matter where they were, someone would always be considered a foreigner
- In 1988, the band staged an incredible line up for the Atlantic Records 40th Anniversary concert, where the finale song “I Want to Know What Love Is” featured Phil Collins, Crosby, Stills and Nash, and Roberta Flack. Watch that legendary performance here!
Haven’t seen our full line up yet? Check it out here.
And if that’s not enough to whet your appetite, we’ll be announcing more exciting festival acts and entertainment over the next few months! Subscribe to our newsletter below to make sure you don’t miss a beat.